- Individual character home
- Large gardens
- Aldryngton School Catchment
- Traditional Maiden Erlegh catchment
- Close to Station
- Not far from University
- No onward chain
- Cul de sac location
- Opportunity to modernise and enlarge (stp)
- Best & Final offers in writing by 12 noon 8th February 2022
A most interesting opportunity within the Aldryngton and traditional Maiden Erlegh catchment. 5 bedrooms, bathroom with separate shower, 3 reception rooms, kitchen, cloakroom, garage, large plot extending to just over one fifth of an acre, no onward chain. Video and virtual tours available online. Best & Final offers in writing by 12 noon 8th February 2022 - see full details.
A most interesting opportunity within the Aldryngton and traditional Maiden Erlegh catchment. 5 bedrooms, bathroom with separate shower, 3 reception rooms, kitchen, cloakroom, garage, large plot extending to just over one fifth of an acre, no onward chain. Video and virtual tours available online. Best & Final offers by 12 noon 8th February 2022 - see full details.Estate Agents Note
- We are acting on behalf of the Executors of the Estate. Best & final offers to be received in writing by 12 noon Tuesday 8th February 2022. The published offer procedure must be followed. This is shown below and is attached to the downloadable brochure. An additional information pack is available upon request.
The former Gamekeeper’s cottage of the original Maiden Erlegh Estate, believed to have been constructed around the turn of the last century and then enlarged significantly at a later date. Now being sold for the first time in over 60 years, this individual detached house offers an exciting opportunity to modernise and enlarge within one of Reading’s most popular locations.
A significant feature of the property are the gardens which extend by an average of 65 ft from the house, with a width at the rear of 122ft. All in all, the plot extends to just over one fifth of an acre.
The property is set only a few hundred yards from both Aldryngton and Maiden Erlegh schools and is close by to the Reading University campus.
There are local shops nearby on Silverdale Road, with more extensive facilities at Lower Earley or Woodley. Bus services in the area provide access into Reading town centre where there is a main line railway station with fast services to Paddington, as well as services to Waterloo running through the nearby Earley Railway Station.
The M4 motorway can be joined either at Junction 11, near Green Park, where there is also the A33 south towards Basingstoke, or at Junction 10 where London then lies about 40 miles away and Heathrow Airport 28 miles away.
Floor Area: Approx. 1648 sq ft (153 sq m)
Council Tax: E
Broadband Availability (according to Ofcom): UltrafastProcedure for written offers by Sealed Bid
We have been instructed by our client to obtain written offers from any interested parties. We shall follow the procedure recommended by RICS in their Residential Estate Agency Standards. Please read the following points carefully as they form the basis under which we may accept your offer.
1. Your best and final offer is to be received in writing no later than 12 noon on Tuesday 8th February 2022 in a sealed envelope posted or delivered to Martin & Pole Estate Agents, 16 The Parade, Silverdale Road, Earley, Reading, RG6 7NZ. Please write your name and address on the reverse of the envelope and mark it “Not to be opened before 12 noon on Tuesday 8th February 2022”. This is to prevent us accidentally opening the letter beforehand and compromising the confidentiality of the proceedings.
2. Any conditions on which your offer is made are to be specified.
3. Please confirm your solicitor’s details.
4. Please confirm your financial arrangements and include supporting documentation (e.g., copies of mortgage agreements in principle, evidence of deposit or cash funds etc). It is unlikely we will accept an offer without supporting documentation.
5. If you are selling a property, please include information about the sale including the estate agent.
6. Please confirm whether your offer is subject to survey or not. If it is and your offer is accepted, then the surveyor is to be instructed within 2 working days and the survey is to be carried out within 10 working days of acceptance of your offer.
7. If your offer is accepted, we will expect you to exchange contracts within 5 weeks of your solicitor receiving the contract from the seller’s solicitors.
8. Any offers sent by email or not in a sealed envelope will not be considered and may invalidate any offer that is then received from you in a sealed envelope. This is to prevent a potential breach of confidentiality.
9. Only offers of a non-variable nature will be considered.
10. If your offer is accepted, you will be required to visit our office with photographic identification and proof of address.
11. If your offer is accepted, we will not accompany visits with contractors for the purposes of obtaining quotations or making plans for future works. This should be done once you have bought the property.
12.The vendor reserves the right not to accept the highest, or any, offer made.
13. You acknowledge receipt of the estate agents additional information pack.Data Protection
The information and any documentation you provide will be held securely and used to discuss your offer with the seller. It shall not be shared with any third party. Any documentation shall be securely destroyed when no longer required (normally at exchange of contracts by the successful buyer). Therefore please only send copies of documents, not originals.Explanatory Note
Whenever several parties want to buy the same house, we need to follow a procedure that allows each party an equal and fair opportunity and prevents a bidding war. “Sealed bids” is the industry recommended procedure for doing this. The reason we ask you to include financial information within your offer is because we cannot allow a situation to arise where we accept what appears to be the best offer only to discover afterwards that the buyer is not able to proceed.
Version 1.0 10.01.22Viewings and Coronavirus:
We request that you look at all the marketing material, as well as familiarise yourself with the location prior to requesting a viewing. Please note only a maximum of 2 adults from the same household will be allowed to view. You will still be required to wear a face covering, sanitise your hands or put on clean gloves.IMPORTANT NOTICE:
We have endeavoured to ensure the details of this property are accurate, however all measurements are approximate and none of the statements contained in these particulars are to be relied on as statements of fact. They do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. We have no authority to make any representation or give any warranty in relation to this property. We have not tested the services, appliances or fittings referred to in the details. School catchment zones are verified as far as possible with the local authority but cannot be guaranteed and may change in the future, nor do they guarantee a place in the school. We have not checked whether any extension or alteration to the property complies with planning or building regulations. Distances are ‘as the crow flies’. We recommend that each of the statements is verified and the condition of the property, services, appliances and fittings is investigated by you or your advisers before you finalise your offer to purchase or you enter a contractual commitment. Martin & Pole may, at your request, recommend to you a mortgage advisor or solicitor. The mortgage advisor will pay us a referral fee equivalent to 30% of any fee they earn. We do not receive a referral fee from the solicitor but have traditionally received a gift at Christmas. 9/9/2021 5:36 PM