To be sold by public auction. Very long established premises for the sale of cars formerly Apex of Hook car sales. Adjoining a petrol filling station and retail premises, including motor related businesses to the other side.
FOR SALE BY PUBLIC AUCTION (unless previously sold) Date Tuesday 6th August 2019 at 2.30 pm at Coppid Beech Hotel, John Nike Way, Bracknell, RG12 8TF for more information please contact Sarah Watson on 01189 790010
The Solicitors: Geoffrey Gibbons, Bates Solicitors, 67 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire GU51 3PJ Telephone: 01252 629292 Email: email@example.com
DESCRIPTION/LOCATION: The property enjoys a commanding frontage in excess of 50ft on the London Road on the outskirts of Hook. The site has been the location of car sales for in excess of 50 years and with a petrol filling station to one side and motor related businesses to the other side, the site is considered ideal for ongoing use for the motor trade or other uses – subject to planning.
The property enjoys a commanding frontage to the A30 London Road on the outskirts of Hook and well placed for easy access to the M3, Junction 5 just to the south. Hook is described as a small town in North Hampshire and at the time of the last census, had a population of just under 8,000.
SERVICES: Mains, water, electricity and drainage are available (but not necessarily connected).
EER: There is no requirement for an Energy Performance Certificate for this property.
RATEABLE VALUE: We are seeking clarification of the Rateable Value. There appears to be two descriptions on the VOA website – one referring to Bentleys of Hook with a Rateable Value of £20,250 and another as Car Sales Site and Premises which also confirms 20 car parking spaces and a portable building. On this occasion the Rateable Value is identified at £11,750.
TENURE: The property is Freehold and will be sold with vacant possession. It forms part of the Freehold Title registered at HM Land Registry, number HP765790.
LOCAL AUTHORITY AND PLANNING: The property is within the administration area of the Hart District Council, Civic Offices, Harlington Way, Fleet GU51 4AE.
DIRECTIONS: Approaching Hook from the west along the A30 at the roundabout with the junction of Station Road to the right and Elms Road to the left, continue straight on into London Road A30. The property will be found after about a quarter of a mile on the right hand side.
Entering the property from the east along the A30 at the roundabout junction with the B3349, continue straight over which remains the London Road and the property can then be found after about half a mile on the left hand side.
VIEWING: We shall be pleased to meet prospective purchasers at the property by appointment but we rather expect most will be willing to visit the site unaccompanied. We always ask in those circumstances that consideration is given to neighbours enjoyment of their property.
NB There is a pedestrian gate between the car sales premises i.e. the property we are selling and the bungalow (Apex Bungalow) at the rear. This gateway is locked and there will be no access through it in the future.
Appointments can be made by contacting Sarah Watson at our offices on 0118 9790010.
THE CONDITIONS OF SALE: are included in the Legal and Information Pack available from the Auctioneers prior to the Auction Sale and online at www.martinpole.co.uk. A copy of the Conditions of Sale will be attached to these Particulars to form part of the Contract.
* Property Auctioneers are required by the ASA to explain to prospective buyers the definitions of Price Guide and Reserve. The Reserve is the minimum price set by the seller at which the auctioneer can sell the property. The reserve can be set and agreed at any point up to the start of the auction or indeed can be changed during the auction. The reserve can be lower than the guide price, the same as the guide price or up to 10% above the guide price. In accordance with ASA guidelines the guide price can be changed at any time up to and including the day of the auction sale. If the guide price is changed, we will endeavor to advertise the new guide price at the earliest opportunity. A list of final guide prices will be published in the auction room immediately prior to the sale. This may be the first opportunity to publish changes.
Identification of the Buyer To accord with the Money Laundering Regulations 2003 and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002: No later than the date of the auction when the Memorandum of Agreement of the sale and purchase is to be signed, we are required to see and keep copies of documentary evidence of the Buyer's identity and address. If you intend to bid please contact us for further information of the documents required to be produced (full details of which are also given in the Information Pack available for intending Buyers) or if you prefer to register beforehand.
Buyer’s Fee A charge of £500 (plus VAT), payable only by the successful Buyer, will be due to the Auctioneers, Martin & Pole, upon signature of the Memorandum of Agreement of the sale and purchase. An appropriate VAT receipted invoice will be issued immediately after the day of the auction sale
Signing the Memorandum, Payment of the Deposit and Buyer’s Fee
The Buyer(s) will be required to sign Memorandum of Agreement attached to these Particulars, to pay the Deposit and Buyer’s Fee immediately after the fall of the hammer. Payment of the deposit will only be accepted if made by cheque or bankers draft drawn on the account of the named Buyer and drawn on a UK clearing bank.
Property Details We have endeavoured diligently to ensure the details of this property are accurate. We have not tested the services, appliances or fittings (if any) referred to in the details. We recommend that each of the statements is verified and the condition of the property and of the services, appliances and fittings (if any) is investigated by you or your advisers before you finalise your offer to purchase, bid for the property or enter into a contractual commitment.
Stipulations The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Seller nor the Agents of the Seller are responsible for any faults or defects or for any statements contained in the Particulars of the property prepared by the Agents. The Buyer hereby acknowledges that he has not entered into this Contract in reliance on any of the said statements and he has satisfied himself as to the correctness of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Seller or the said Agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
Re: Land at Apex Bungalow, London Road, Hook, RG27 9DZ
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. (a) These Special Conditions incorporate the Standard Conditions of Sale (5thEdition – 2018 Revision) ("the Conditions"). Where there is a conflict between the Conditions and these Special Conditions these Special Conditions shall prevail.
(b) Terms used or defined in this Agreement have the same meaning as used in the Conditions.
2. The Seller isKATHLEEN MARY LAPHAMwho shall sell with full title guarantee.
3. The Seller's Solicitors are Bates Solicitors limited of 69 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3PJ, reference GDG/DS/2LAP007/2
4. The contract rate shall be the Law Society's recommended rate from time to time.
5.(a) The Property is the Freehold land and buildings known as Land at Apex Bungalow, Hook more particularly shown by red edging on the plan attached hereto and forming part of Title Number HP765790
(b) The Property is registered at HM Land Registry with Absolute Title under Title Number HP765790 and title shall be deduced in accordance with the Land Registration Act 2002 save that copies of the Entries on the Register and the Filed Plan shall be Official Copies.
(c) Official Copies having been available for inspection during normal office hours at the offices of the Auctioneers prior to the date of the auction and in the auction room prior to the start of the auction the Buyer (whether or not he has inspected such abstract) shall be deemed to purchase with full knowledge of the Title in all respects and shall not raise any requisitions or make any objection in relation to the Title.
6. The Property is sold with vacant possession.
7. The Property is sold and shall be transferred subject to:
(a) all local Land Charges affecting the same whether registered or not before the date hereof and all matters capable of registration as local land charges whether or not actually so registered;
(b) all notices served and orders demands proposals or requirements made by any local public or other authority whether before or after the date hereof;
(c) all actual or proposed charges notices orders restrictions agreements conditions contraventions or other matters arising under enactment relating to Town and Country Planning;
(d) all easements quasi easements rights exceptions or other similar matters whether or not apparent on inspection or disclosed in any of the documents referred to in this Agreement;
(e) the matters mentioned or referred to in the Property and Charges Registers of the Seller's Title excluding any mortgage;
(f) the matters contained mentioned or referred to in the accompanying particulars of sale of the Property ("the Particulars"); and the Seller shall not be required to further define any of the same.
8. The Buyer acknowledges that:
(a) he has inspected the Property and purchases it with full knowledge of its actual state and condition and shall take the Property as it stands.
(b) he agrees to purchase the Property solely as a result of his own inspection and on the basis of the terms of these Conditions and not in reliance upon any representation or warranty either written oral or implied made by or on behalf of the Seller (save for any representation or warranty contained in written replies given by the Seller's Solicitors) to any preliminary enquiries raised by the Buyer or the Buyer's Solicitors.
9. (a) With effect from exchange of contracts the Property is at the Buyer's risk and the Seller is under no obligation to the Buyer to insure the Property.
(b) No damage or destruction of the Property nor any deterioration in its condition, however caused, will entitle the Buyer either to any reduction of the purchase price or to refuse to complete or to delay completion.
10. The Transfer to the Buyer shall contain the following provision: "For the purposes of Section 6(2)(a) of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1994 all matters now recorded in registers open to public inspection are considered to be in the actual knowledge of the Buyer.".
11. If owing to the default of the Buyer completion does not take place on the completion date the Buyer shall on actual completion pay in addition to the balance of the purchase price:
(a) the costs of the Seller's Solicitors in the sum of £100 plus VAT relating to the preparation and serving of a notice to complete; and
(b) the interest payable by the Seller and any additional costs incurred by the Seller arising from any agreement for purchase entered into by the Seller in reliance of this Agreement and which the Seller was unable to complete owing to the default of the Buyer.
12. A deposit of 10% of the Purchase Price shall be paid to the Auctioneers as Agents for the Seller upon the signing hereof.
13. Completion of the sale shall take place 20 working days hereafter at the offices of the Seller's Solicitors or as they may reasonably direct.
14. The Buyer shall on or before completion reimburse the Seller's Solicitors the cost of the search fee of the local land charges registers, an environmental search, and drainage and water enquiries.
Please fill out the form below and we will email you the link to download the legal pack.
The contents of the Legal Pack may change prior to auction as further information or modifications are received from the Seller's Solicitors.
An up to date Information Pack will be available in the Auction Room.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that they are acting on the contents of the most up to date and complete Legal Pack. If in doubt please telephone 0118 978 0777
Expose your property
to the right market
We are members of the
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors